Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Seven Months - Still Going

OK, so it's been over seven months now.  Still on meds, still eating AIP, etc.   Feeling way better, both physically and mentally.  Not much more weight loss - which seems a little odd for me.  Compared to the way I used to eat, I thought I would be losing weight like crazy.  But my body does not seem to know what to do with this new way of eating.   I did go back to the gym just last week.  So maybe now with working out I will see some changes.  Granted, again, this whole thing is not about weight loss but about healing.  But still.

And I now have a cheat to confess. I had ice cream.  Correction - not just ice cream.  I had full blown frozen custard.  And not just any custard.  But the "World's Greatest Custard" in the Detroit, MI area while visiting my step daughter and our granddaughter.  I had told my husband that I wanted ice cream sometime this summer.  Just once.  And I was going to have it.  So I chose this awesome, rich, creamy frozen custard.  And it was to die for.  I savored every bite.  And felt sick later.  But I have to say - it was totally worth it.  And happy to say I feel no craving or desire to do it again. And no desire to fall off the wagon as a result.  And I'm very grateful for that.

Still not focusing as well as I should on getting the greens and nutrition that I should be getting.  But the Farmer's Market is open, our garden is blooming and I'm looking forward to lots of home grown veggies in the next few weeks.  I want my August post to say that I'm actually filled to the brim with lots and lots of veggies.

It is honestly not as hard to deal with parties, weddings, and restaurants as you think it would be eating this way.  Meat, chicken, fish and veggies, fruits are more commonly served than you think.  Skipping the breads, salad dressings, desserts and pasta has become easier and easier.  Your brain just kind of goes there.  It's not a matter of moderation.  It's just a simple no thanks.

Five more months to make it a year.  Unless the custard incident sets me back to square one.  In which case I have eleven and a half more months to make it a year.  But I think I will take the one cheat and not let it negate the rest of these seven months.  I will be happy with one year and one cheat! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment